The Omega Group Inc., a CentralSquare Technologies company ("Omega") is committed to protecting your privacy. This document is intended to outline and describe the steps that we take to protect your personal information when you download and use the CrimeMapping.com "App" for the iOS platform ("App") and/or use its resources, data, and content (collectively, "Omega Services"). This document also covers information we receive when you contact us to submit a comment or to request technical support, the personal information that we collect, the purposes for which we use such information, and your choices regarding our use of it. By downloading and using the App and/or Omega Services or providing us your information when you contact us, you are consenting to the information collection and use practices described in this document.
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
While using the App and/or Omega Services, you may be asked to directly provide certain types of personally identifiable information, while other information may be collected automatically while using our resources.
Some features and services of the App may require you to provide some types of personally identifiable information in order to provide a service that you are requesting or for Omega to respond to an inquiry that you wish to make. While you are not required to provide this information while using the App in general, we may not be able to provide you with certain features or fulfill certain requests unless you choose to do so. The personal information we collect or receive may include the following:
- Your contact information, including your name, company/organization name, email address, phone number, and/or physical address
- Known physical locations stored in your device (via "Contacts")
- Current physical location of your device (via "Location Services")
- Inquiries about Omega products and services for technical support or sales purposes
- Feedback from you about the Website and/or Omega Services
While using the App and/or Omega Services, we automatically collect information about your usage of these resources and combine that with information from other Users to monitor usage and performance of our App and services for marketing, research, and product improvement purposes. This includes all standard information that a web browser would send to any website you visit, including but not limited to the following:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address and Internet Services Provider (ISP)
- Dates and times you access the App and/or Omega Services, including duration of use
- Your operating system version
- Your device version/platform
- User equipment capabilities such as screen resolution and supported languages
- Pages you view
- Number of bytes transferred during your session
- An approximation of your physical location when connected to the App and/or Omega Services
We do not combine or link your usage information to any of the personally identifiable information you share with us.
3. USAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- App Features: the App offers the capability to sign-up for email-based alerts regarding criminal event information data ("Crime Alerts"). This feature requires the User to supply the requested personally identifiable information in order to receive the Crime Alert emails. If provided, this information is stored by Omega Services until such time that the User chooses to end their subscription to the Crime Alert email service. The User has the ability to terminate their subscription at any time by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any Crime Alert email which they receive. Following this action, the User will receive a confirmation that Crime Alerts have been cancelled and all related personally identifiable information used by this feature will be removed from Omega's systems automatically within 14 days of termination by the User. When performing a search for criminal event information within the App, the User has the ability to enter an address as search criteria. This can be done as a one-time, typed in entry, or can use an existing address within the device's Contact list or by the current location of the device. In order to use the latter two methods, you must allow and/or grant the App permission to access your Contacts list and/or use the device's Location Services feature. Neither Omega nor the App, collects, transmits or stores any information found within your Contacts list or the location of your device beyond what is necessary to reference the physical location as requested by the User for the convenience of making the inquiry within the App at that time.
- Technical Support: the App provides the User with the ability to receive technical support or to provide feedback about the App to Omega via email. Any of the personally identifiable information that is necessary to complete and send an email or that may be requested during the resolution of a technical support case is only used by Omega towards the resolution of that case and is not stored or used for any other purpose. Details regarding the specific technical issue, feedback, or comments may be retained for future troubleshooting or product improvement.
- Sales Inquiries: the App provides perspective clients (law enforcement and public safety agencies) with the ability to receive information regarding how to join the CrimeMapping.com website and App as a publisher of criminal event data. Any of the personally identifiable information that is necessary to complete and send an email or that may be requested while in discussions towards entering into a contract with Omega is only used for such purposes and is not disclosed to any third parties. This information may be stored in a customer relationship management database for future marketing purposes.
- App Usage and Performance: Omega uses industry standard web analytics to track usage of the App. These analytics are provided by Google Analytics as well as through analyzing web server log files. The information generated by use of our App (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers within the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our App, compiling reports on usage activity for our Omega Services operators, and providing other services relating to App usage activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google does not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google and/or Omega.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personally identifiable information that we collect from you through our App or that you provide when contacting us will not be shared outside of Omega without your permission in any way other than for the purposes disclosed above or if required by law enforcement in which such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or with legal processes served on us, to protect and defend our rights or property or, in urgent circumstances, to protect the personal safety of any individual.
5. PERSONAL INFORMATION OF MINORS
Omega does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children and does not target or direct children to download or use this App. If children do at any time use the App with or without a parent or legal guardian's consent, Omega cannot determine if the usage of the App is by that of a minor, and therefore, cannot alter the handling of any personally identifiable information that may be collected or received.
Omega is committed to protecting the security of your personally identifiable information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We store any personally identifiable information you provide on computer systems with limited access that are located in facilities to which access is limited.